Building Successful Routines on the Homestead
Routines are an important way to have a productive day as a homestead homemaker. Having routines allow you to start your day more smoothly and helps your to free up more time to do the things that are more meaningful to you. A good routine will help simplify your life and help you stress less.
Being a homestead homemaker can be very chaotic, by not having a boss to structure your days for you, you’ll have to have some self discipline and structure your day for yourself and that’s where good routines come into place.
What are Routines
A routine is a list of activities that your tackle at certain times of the day in order to keep chaos at bay.
Finding your successful routine will take some trial and error. Everybody typically has routines they follow, but to have a productive day, your routines may need some improvement in order to have a better flow and work better for you.
If you feel like your house is always out of control and your days just don’t run smoothly, creating solid routines will give your day more meaning.
How to Build Routines
- Get a planner or notebook
- Having a planner or notebook will help you get organized and keep your routines right in front of you allowing you to stay on track.
- Be realistic with your time
- When making your routine set a timer when doing your tasks so you know how long it will take you to complete the task, which will let you know how long your routine will take.
- Be flexible
- Our lives change through different seasons of life and so should your routines. The routine you had before kids won’t be the same once you have kids. Be willing to adjust your routine.
- Prepare your next day the night before
- Be prepared to for tomorrow by laying out clothes, packing lunches, and planning your day in your planner the night before.
- Start with 1 or 2 easy tasks
- Your routines don’t have to be overwhelming start with a few tasks and as you get into the habit of doing those add to it.
- Work on your hardest tasks when you are at your sharpest
- Complete your most difficult task when your most alert for better productivity.
Top 5 Routines for any Homemaker on a Homestead
The Last Thing You Need to Know
- Building a successful morning routine as a homestead homemaker will make your day less stressful, help you get your home under control, and free up more time in your day for things you enjoy.
- What do your routines look like?