This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.
>The Beginners Guide to Homemaking Systems
- Homemaking systems are important in a home because it allows you to run your house on autopilot without stress or overwhelm.
- We are currently expecting our 5th baby in a few short months, and I’m realizing that our home needs many systems that need to be implemented to keep the house running smoothly over the next few months and after. I’m the type of person that needs to feel like I have a sense of control over the chaos on my home.
What are Homemaking Systems
- Homemaking systems are systems your put into place in your home to help you be more efficient and work smarter not harder.
- They don’t have to be excessive, hard, or overwhelming. These systems can help you save time and money.
- They can be super simple and to the point as long as they work for your family.
How to get started with Homemaking Systems
- In the Kitchen
- Meal Planning for the weeks will help you keep from rushing around to put a meal together last minute or ordering take out.
- Freezing Cooking allows you to make pre make meals in advance.
- Decluttering and organizing
- Organizing Systems (paperwork, food, clothes, toys)
- Decluttering regularly about 15 minutes everyday
- Keeping things clean
- Having homemaking systems emplace makes sure your home is cleaned regularly enough that your family can stay healthy because you will have a clean home.
- Laundry System
- Wash, dry, fold and put away one load of laundry everyday
- Bedding once a week
- Cloth diapers every other day
- Curtains and furniture covers every couple of months (unless somebody spills something)
- Bi-weekly balancing the money coming in and the money going out.
- Homemaking systems can help keep your home visitor ready and smelling fresh.
Tips for Success
- Start with a list
- Make a list of everything you do on a daily basis and create routines from that list.
- Have routines
- Having homemaking routines will save you time and energy.
- Budget your time
- Plan out your day and budget time wisely, we all only have 24 hours in a day. Try the time blocking method.
- Use a planner or notebook
- Using a planner or notebook to write down your routines and system will help you build the habit of completing them.
- Have organizing systems
- Have organize systems in place for hot spot areas (areas of your home that collect clutter regularly) will help cut clutter making your cleaning time more efficient.
The Last Thing You Need to Know
- Homemaking systems will leave your home cleaner and more organized leaving you more time to enjoy your garden and animals on your homestead.
- Don’t forget to comment down below with your homemaking systems and share this post.